CoderDojo Los Angeles (CoderDojo LA) is committed to protecting personal information of its Service users.
We don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
Some parts of the Service offered by CoderDojo LA are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect information from children under this age through the Service.
Registration. We do not require registration on our own website (http://www.coderdojola.com). On our website and app, we do link to outside sites such as scratch.mit.edu that may require registration. (Children may also post to scratch.mit.edu in particular using the CoderDojo LA username and password which will be provided at CoderDojo events.) During registration processes on these outside sites, including to programming resources, you may be asked to set up a username and password on behalf of your child. Should you allow your child to do so for himself, neither you nor your child should use any personally identifiable information as his or her username, as this username may be visible to others on the Service. We also link to signup forms on Eventbrite, where we ask for parent contact information and child names of CoderDojo event attendees. We encourage you to list your child name on Eventbrite as first name and last initial – child first name and last name is not required. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any outside sites, as they may handle information differently than we do.
Contact Information: You may be asked to submit details such as your first and last name and/or email address in order to receive updates regarding CoderDojo LA events, to sign up for event attendance, to apply to volunteer, to contact us, and/or to leave feedback. In these cases your contact information may be stored in a secure customer relationship management database and will not be sold or provided to third-parties. Should you ever wish to remove your contact information, you may do so by selecting to unsubscribe from any email communication or by reaching out to our administration directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not be asked and should not provide the contact information of your child as means for future contact from our organization.
Images and Video: We will request consent from you as parent or guardian of any child under the age of 18 years old in order to publicly publish that child’s image and/or voice. Such materials may be used, but are not limited to, social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Flickr or to the CoderDojo LA website, blog and/or other owned and operated media outlets. We will not sell or distribute the rights to your child’s image and/or voice outside our organization without your previous consent. You may contact our administration directly at email@example.com should you wish to revoke permission and/or remove this material from our website and/or other media at any time.
Parents are urged to supervise their children’s activities online.
CoderDojo LA urges all parents and legal guardians to supervise their children’s exploration of the Internet and any online services, and to teach their children about protecting their personal information online. If you reside in the United States, we encourage you to visit http://www.coppa.org/ for more information about COPPA and children’s privacy.
Personal information will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the form of consent required by law.
Use of personal information is limited.
CoderDojo LA collects personal information for the following reasons:
– To provide you up-to-date communication regarding our organization, applicable resources of interest, event notifications and related information;
– To provide and build our community through engaging content and highlights of events and services;
– To encourage and reward participation and to recognize the accomplishments of CoderDojo LA members.
If you opt in to receive email from CoderDojo LA, your information will be used to provide you with information of CoderDojo LA events, news and/or resources that we believe may interest you and to solicit your opinion on our products and services. If you have opted in to receive this communication, we may also use your personal information to ensure that your contact information is accurate and up to date. CoderDojo LA does not collect, use or disclose your personal information for online behavioral advertising purposes.
In addition to this inter-organization sharing, Coder Dojo LA may disclose personal information to third parties as follows:
– To Third Parties To Perform Processing and Other Specialized Services: At times, Coder Dojo LA may use outside organizations to perform specialized services such as, but not limited to, legal and security audits, payment processing, data analysis, e-mail delivery. These service providers are only given the information needed to perform those services and they are bound contractually to protect the confidentiality, privacy and security of your information and to limit the use of your information to the service being provided.
– To Third Parties in the Event of Legal Reasons: We advise you that we may disclose personal information to the government or other legal or regulatory authorities (i) if so ordered by a court of law or (ii) for other legal reasons, such as (a) to comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order; (b) to protect the company’s rights and property; (c) to investigate reports of fraud or of users sending material using a false email address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages; (d) to protect against what we believe in our sole and absolute discretion to be a misuse or unauthorized use of our Service; or (e) in emergencies, such as when we believe our or our affiliate’s integrity requires protection or someone’s physical safety is at risk. In some cases, disclosure may be required by law to be without notice to you.
– To a Third Party in the Event of a Significant Transaction or Other Event: In the case of any significant transaction or event involving CoderDojo LA or any of its related entities or divisions such as, by way of example, a sale, merger, amalgamation, financing, re-organization, liquidation, or insolvency, other parties to the transaction and their professional advisors may need to have access to CoderDojo LA’s customer lists and various databases as part of the due diligence process. In this event, CoderDojo LA would only provide such access under terms of a strict confidentiality agreement. Also, upon completion of the transaction or event, your personal information would be transferred to CoderDojo LA’s successor-in-interest to be used only for the purposes for which it was collected.
We take steps to protect personal information.
CoderDojo LA has implemented physical, electronic and administrative measures to protect your information from error, loss or unauthorized access. For example, we use industry-standard efforts, such as passwords, firewalls and Secure Socket Layers, to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information contained on our computer systems. In addition, our employees and any third parties we use are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of your information and access is restricted to those with a need to know the information to carry out the identified purpose.
Protect your personal information from disclosure on social communication networks.
Please note that any information that you submit in online chat groups and public user profiles, on message boards or in similar forums on the Service can be read, collected, or used by others. Your passwords should be both easy to remember, but hard to guess and not shared with anyone (other than a child sharing their passwords with their parents or legal guardians). You should not access your account from a shared computer or device or a public computer or device to avoid the unauthorized accessing of your account. It is recommended that you not store your logins/passwords on your computer or device in case it falls into the hands of someone else. Please note that CoderDojo LA is not responsible for information you choose to submit in the forums, nor anyone accessing your account through the use of your passwords or otherwise.
We provide links to third party websites only as a convenience. Make sure to review their privacy policies.
While using the Service, you may, through hypertext or other computer “links,” gain access to other websites on the Internet which are not operated by CoderDojo LA. CoderDojo LA is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by CoderDojo LA of the website linked to. WHILE THESE LINKS HAVE BEEN REVIEWED AT THE TIME THEY ARE POSTED, WEBSITES AND SERVICES CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME AND WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THEY REMAIN APPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN, SAFE, PRIVATE OR SECURE. CODER DOJO LA ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIAL OUTSIDE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITES WHICH MAY BE ACCESSED THROUGH A LINK ON THE SERVICE. Unless otherwise indicated on the Service, CoderDojo LA is not sponsored by or affiliated with the linked websites, and trademarks used in connection with the linked websites are not trademarks of CoderDojo LA. You should be aware that each of these third-party websites or services is governed by a different set of terms and policies with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. Make sure to review their privacy policies before using them and preview them for appropriate content before allowing your children to access them.
You have control over certain of your personal information.
You may choose not to receive certain email from us, even after granting permission initially, by unsubscribing. Instructions on how to unsubscribe from emails that are not related to processing of your transactions with us are included in each such email. (You may not unsubscribe from communications related to your Account administration or the processing of your transactions.) Certain jurisdictions require that we provide a copy of the personal information we have on file about your or your child. If your jurisdiction requires this, unless otherwise required by applicable law, all requests for a copy of the personal information we have on file about you must be made in writing and by postal mail addressed to: 719 Coeur D Alene Ave., Venice, CA, 90291. CoderDojo LA may require that you identify yourself to our satisfaction. In the event that you are unable to identify yourself or your legal rights to obtain your child’s personal information we have on file, CoderDojo LA may, consistent with applicable law, decline to provide this information. If we so decline, we will provide the reason(s).
Personal information provided by email may not be secure, and you assume the risks associated with your email transmission or our reply.
You can ask privacy questions.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as S.B. 27 or the “Shine the Light” law), if you are a California resident and your business relationship with CoderDojo LA is primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding CoderDojo LA’s disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line; you may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, we will provide you, by email, a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the third parties’ names and addresses. Please note that not all personal information sharing is covered by S.B. 27’s requirements.